What will it be like if the human race fails to feed the future? Farmerline exists to ensure we have more food for the future.
Some facts about Farmerline.
- Founded in 2012
- Co-founders – Allousius Attah & Emmanuel Addai
- The founders met at the university and were driven to build something that solves a basic need in their country.
- The company’s mission is to use technology to give farmers everywhere the tools to create lasting wealth.
- Farmerline trains farmers to reduce farming costs, increase yield and create wealth for themselves.
- The company began by training 400 farmers in Ghana through digital tools and field agents. Last year, the company doubled its direct reach to 79,000 farmers from 36,000 in 2020 and 8,000 in 2019 (per Techcrunch)
- Farmerline also provides financing and delivers high-quality fertilisers, seeds and market access to farmers.
- In April, the company announced that it raised a $12.9 million pre-Series A funding ($6.4 million equity and $6.5 million debt)
- So far, the company has raised $13.7 million.
- Mergdata, Farmerline’s proprietary AI technology platform for supply chain intelligence, has supported 500 partnerships across 25 countries to reach over one million farmers helping them make more food and profits.
In his recent Next Wave piece, Abraham Augustine asked who would feed Africa. Farmerline is one of the daring companies developing solutions to this question.
We are rooting for them!